Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mer-boy

Every single dinner includes a time where Gavin insists upon leaving to go use the potty.  Todd and I are convinced it's his defense mechanism for not eating what we've put together for him in the hopes that we'll "forget" that he is in the middle of it all. 

Tonight's ritual was like any other.  Gavin insisted that he needed to go to the bathroom.  We tried to push a few more bites down and then off he went, racing upstairs to his escape.  A while later we hear, "I did it!" "You did what?," we ask.  "I got dressed all by myself!" he exclaims, sounding very proud. Todd and I look at each other with a "this should be interesting" kind of look.  Todd leaps up from the table, wanting to be the first to see this accomplished feat while I remain with Sophia at the table.  Next thing I hear is laughter with a "No, let me walk in front of you" statement from Todd.  I am anxiously awaiting him, knowing it has to be good as I've been listening to Todd snicker the whole way down the stairs.  Finally, he approaches the entryway and this is what I see.

A very excited and proud little boy.  What's that hanging off to the right you wonder...? That would be his other pant leg.  He managed to fit both legs in the same hole and "walk" downstairs.  He didn't even notice it until he sat back in his chair and said, "Something is wrong."  We pull off his shorts to get him fixed up and notice that his underwear is the exact same.  Good job my little mer-boy! You always fill my heart with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment