Thursday, December 1, 2011

The "Other" Kids

So, I notice that I go on and on about our human kids, but need to take a moment to let you get a glimpse of the rest of the fam...the "fur-babies."  As you may have noticed, the blog site is entitled "Kitties, Canines & Kiddos" so I found it apropos to share a little info about them.

We had our kitties first...


Megan, the gray one on the left, actually is older, but we adopted her from my mom right around the time Todd and I married.  As with all of our animal babes, they all come with a little baggage.  Megan is a beautiful, low-key kitty that likes to blow snot rockets around our house.  Yes, you read correctly, snot rockets.  Supposedly, she needs a rhinoscopy where they will open up her nasal passages for the low low price of a billion dollars.  We decided we'll just have to live with all the snot streams...she's worth it. She's really great at massages (as long as they are not in the middle of the night)

Zen, the gorgeous black and white prowler on the right was invited into our lives when I first moved to GA in 2001.  He was my rock as I knew few people and he was a great cuddler.  These days, he has turned a little grumpy and yells a lot.  His quirks include...a special diet because of his urine crystals, heart medicine to keep his heart from expanding, anti-anxiety meds to keep him from turning into a serial killer, and is now on a heavy incontinence pill regiment as he pees just about everywhere in our house (lucky us). He has been such a great cat though.  We always get through it. We love him so.


You can't see me! This would be Baxter. He was adopted a while after we got married.  Poor fella literally lived in a crate for 2 years. He started off scared, but then the cats whipped him into shape.  Now, he is under the belief that HE is actually a cat.  This has been proven by his multiple attempts to sit on tables, tops of chairs and couches and I think I may have heard him meow once.  I think he is feeling like the left out species in our house.  Here is a picture of said cat-like behaviors.


Baxter came to us with needing a surgery to find his other testicle...yes, you read it right.  He also had infected salivary glands and has to be on a special diet for his sensitive stomach. I have to say that he is the best dog I think I've ever seen despite his weight on the cushions making the couches look like puffed out marshmallows. :)

I'm so very thankful for our beloved animals.  They make our family just a tad more interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment