Monday, December 12, 2011

Shine A Light On This

"Mama! Dada! Can you take a picture with me?" 

I hear so much excitement in his voice that I'm really unsure of what is so wonderful about the situation until I turn the corner to see Gavin holding a ceramic lighthouse.  He is ecstatic and begging for a picture with this lighthouse (found at Grandpa's).  He begins talking about it as if it is gold..."feel the bottom Mama, it's so soft" (it's felt).  "Feel it Daddy, isn't it soft?"  "Isn't it so beautiful?" (as he cradles it in his arms like a baby) 

This goes on for a few minutes and he asks again and again for a picture with the lighthouse.  I chuckled and he looked at me like he was pretty serious.  I was able to convince him to wait a little while, thinking it would pass (not really sure why I didn't just take the precious picture).  We decided we would wait until after breakfast and I assumed he would forget, but he didn't.  Here are a few pictures with the treasured lighthouse. 

May this lighthouse shine light on so many other moments in our lives.  I'm glad it shone on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment