Friday, December 21, 2012

Cute Vs. Beautiful

This morning we were watching a commercial by Estee Lauder that involves a woman about to get married as a little boy comes in to give the bridal bouquet.  Of course, the bride is drop dead gorgeous and I look over to see Gavin's reaction as his mouth is hung open, practically drooling.  He then says, "she's cute," matter of factly.  I told him that I agreed and asked, "Don't you think she's beautiful?"


This is when he stunned me by his answer...

"No, she's just cute.  The only ones who are beautiful are you and Sophia."  My heart stopped by his response as, of course, my eyes welled up with tears that he would consider us to be the only women in his life worthy of being beautiful.  (I'm sure he also meant to mention all of his grandmothers and aunties in this list too...don't be upset)

I then asked, "What makes them just cute and us beautiful?" He responds with, "You are you." Okay, I'm convinced that I have the most intelligent son in the whole world.  He's already learned the perfect words to share with both his mama and his sister.  I'm in love with him...can't you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment