Saturday, April 18, 2015

Getting My Blinders On!


What do people say of me and my family when we're not around?
 
For example, what did the lady say that sat and watched my children flip open birthday cards full of crazy sounds and songs as they laughed hysterically in the middle of Rite Aid?  Does she say, "Wow, those kids can appreciate a great card when they see one, especially the one with the dancing tango cat!" OR does she say, "Can't she keep those kids quiet?! This is a pharmacy store for gosh sake!"  I'm not sure.  I couldn't quite tell, but it sure did look like she had a snotty look.
 
Or, what about the nurse who was at the doctor's office, trying to get Sophia to listen to the beep in the machine to pass her hearing test?  Where Sophia was crying, because really...it wasn't about the hearing test, but the upcoming vaccination she knew she'd be getting.  Might she say, "That lady should have taken her in the car and given her a spank." OR does she mutter, "I wouldn't want to do this either, poor kid."  I'm not sure, again.  She gave us a disapproving glare and told us we might have to reschedule.
 
Maybe the time when I was sobbing in my car, in the shopping mall parking lot, as I took in information about, yet another, issue to deal with as a mama.  When I looked over in the car next to me I noticed a man looking over.  What might he be thinking?  "Geez, another sappy woman crying in her car, what a mess."  Or perhaps it might have been, "That mama might have a lot to deal with today.  Maybe I should buy her a mocha-caramel latte from the nearest Starbucks to help her feel better."  ...I'm pretty sure it wasn't the last one, but a girl likes to dream. 
 
So many situations like this arise where I wonder what others are thinking and what kind of an impact we're making in our community and in our little part of the world.  But, I do know that we take each day at a time.  We're judged by God and He enlightens us everyday with our new section of our life path.  Sometimes we stumble a little or don't follow a road sign, but we're always trying to do our best.  I guess that's when I realize that I don't always have to worry about what others think. We are going to just enjoy life with our blinders on and love the ride! I may even purchase a set of these...

 
My focus is on God and He will give me the strength I need to stay focused on Him and His path. The rest of it is just in my peripheral and I'm okay with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment