Friday, January 1, 2016

No Naps for Mama

After a long night of little rest and family in town, it was time for a nap.   If you know anything about Gavin, you'd know that he HATES naps.  He does, however, like to keep everyone else from taking one.  So, just as you would suppose, he came in and asked to snuggle and ensures that no rest will be had for the weary. 

He quickly made it worth my while as he hopped onto my bed, banging his elbow into my face and his knee into my stomach.  "I'm awake now," I yelp in pain.  He started giggling uncontrollably as he has an agenda, as he usually does.  Gavin likes to play a guessing game at any times possible.  They are always random questions like, "What is my favorite game that I played at my friends house?  Your choices are 'Minions,' 'Disney Infinity 2.0,' 'Minecraft,' or 'Toy Story.'"  As you can see, you'd really have no idea as to the answer.  These questions persist, ending with a grade and a percentage applied by my strict assessor. 

Although this process can be a tad bit annoying, I must say that it holds the key to what Gavin values as important in life.  It's his quirky way of sharing little pieces of himself and facts he's learned and deemed worthy of sharing.  Yes, that day, I could have used a little rest and relaxation without playing a round of "Jeopardy;" however, I think about how my time with him is fleeting and years are passing so quickly.  Will he giggle and jump all over my bed next year?  Will he share little tidbits about himself, even if it is in code, as a teenager?  I panic when thinking about how I need to steal up whatever I can get. 

We spent about 20 minutes playing the quiz game until we thought we were all giggled out.  It was time to get up and get our afternoon started when Gavin asked to weigh himself on the scale.  He proudly announces, "I'm 58 labels!"  So cute. 

"Lbs means pounds, not labels, honey.," I reply (smiling). 

"That doesn't make sense.  It should be PUs not, lbs.  I'm 58 PUs.," Gavin responds. 

"Actually, that makes more sense.  I don't know that you want people knowing that you have so much peeewwwwwws though." 

We laughed until we cried.  I'm so glad I missed out on my nap.  Even my dream couldn't be that funny.  I'm thankful for the memory and glad we clarified the meaning of weight units. 


No comments:

Post a Comment