Sunday, May 4, 2014

Moving Back in the World of Buses


Reality is setting in that Gavin will soon be a 1st grader, not a kindergartner any more. What in the world happened to time?  Just yesterday I was sobbing at the bus stop as he took his first steps onto the bus on his first day of school. Riding the bus seems to bring me anxiety as I've come to realize that there is just so much a bus driver can watch out for.  This leaves my "baby" to fend for himself sometimes.  We had a few little mishaps at the beginning of the year, which had me in a frenzy, but we are now comforted that he sits a little closer to the front in order for the bus driver to have "closer eyes" on him.
 
An excuse, that works for now, is that he is in kindergarten and he just needs some extra watchful eyes.  However, soon it will not be the case and he'll be allowed to sit in different seats.  He has also come to realize this, but he has also processed that there is one spot he is just not able to enter at this time.  This is his statement of the night...
 
Gavin: "I want to be in 5th grade so that I can sit in the back of the bus.  It will be enjoying.  They talk loud and put their feet in the aisles and I want to do that."   
 
Wow, is this what we get to look forward to?  I'm beginning to see why more and more parents choose to drive their children to school and pick them up.  So many things to "let go" as a parent.  Wish us luck!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment