Sunday, May 4, 2014

Twinkle, Twinkle A Little Surprised


Each night, I snuggle up with the kids and sing a song before they go to sleep.  It allows me to have some individual time with both of them and to just enjoy a little time with them alone.  Sophia, in particular, is adamant about having a song each night.  It is usually Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and she will make attempts to sing with me, some times, but often she will just sit back and listen and smile. 
 
On this particular night, she wanted to sing this song and this time she joined in.  This is what she sang...
 
"Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high.  There is Jesus in disguise.  Twinkle, twinkle little start.  How I wonder what you are."
 
Okay, I have to admit that I chuckled for a minute and even asked her what she sang.  She just said it so naturally as if these have always been the words.  Did she even know what she was saying?  That night, Todd and I had a laugh about it and I even talked about it the next day.  But, now I'm really thinking of what she has said. 
 
We often talk about our beliefs in our household.  We are firm believers that God is love and that he shows us His love in so many ways and through so many people in our lives.  We've talked about how we can be quick to judge others appearances and not discover the beauty that God gave them on the inside.  We've talked about how God is everywhere and you never know when you'll encounter Him.  We've discussed acceptance and loving others as He would want us to. 
 
I'm not sure if it is her understanding that she is sharing through her song or just a misinterpretation of the words, but I do appreciate the opportunity to take her words and count them as blessings that we might be on the right path.  I pray that these opportunities will lead to an understanding of a bigger God and a greater love than either of my children can ever grasp.  We are so blessed.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment